16 October 2006

Languages

I am really crazy about languages, European languages. Many people think I'm joking when I say I would like to learn all the official European languages, but I am not. At present, I can speak and write Italian, French, English, German and Spanish; I speak the dialect of my region, Veneto; I can read and write some Polish, Romanian, Slovene, Czech; I have studied Finnish and modern Greek but I must revise them completely. Moreover, I can translate from Latin (very well) and from ancient Greek (with some difficulties). I have taken the decision to keep a different blog for every language I can write. Let's see if I have the time and feel like writing in all of them! Michele

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your comment on my VT page lead me here. Your enthusiasm for Europe and its languages is REALLY impressive. But I am afraid my language may still give some hard time for you! ;-)
BTW, you could create a better "visired European countries" blog map here:
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedEurope

Laszlo (hunwagner on VT)

Anonymous said...

Just the same for me. My main passion is languages. I would like to spend my life learning and using foreign languages.
I can speak french, english, spanish, greek, german, can understand italian, portuguese... Now I'm planning to learn Hebrew and maltese.....
Can't wait....

Isabelle

Places I have visited